Bobcat’s Zero-Tail Swing compact excavator with retractable undercarriage
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 2, 2014
Bobcat Company’s Tier 4-compliant Zero Tail Swing (ZTS) E20 compact excavator is a 13.9-horsepower model features a retractable undercarriage, unmatched cab comfort, increased uptime protection, attachment readiness and an ease of serviceability. The E20 replaces the 324 excavator model and features an automatic slew brake.
Available as options are auto-shift drive and a fingertip auxiliary boom swing control. The E20 has a maximum reach of 14 feet, dig depth of 8 feet, 6 inches and a dump height of 8 feet, 8 inches. When the compact excavator’s retractable rubber track undercarriage is fully retracted, the overall width is reduced from 53-1/2 inches to 39 inches.
The E20’s undercarriage is 5-1/2 inches longer than the 324 excavator model. The roomier cab has an easy-to-open front window and lower portal window, along with a redesigned heater are included with the optional enclosed cab.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Worker killed while putting reflectors on road163 Views
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee wants carbon tax to fund transportation infrastructure143 Views
- Poor roadways cost Connecticut drivers $4.2 billion annually133 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes120 Views
- VIDEO: Fun with snowplowing 97 Views